Links to Airstream sites for fun & information:
Airstream Forums – A great Airstream site with airstream classifieds and community forums. Learn from and share with your fellow Airstreamers.
Aluminarium– An interesting blog about full-timing in an Airstream. This site also includes a really nice list of Airstream blogs under the About Us tab.
Cote De Texas Blog– A fun post about Airstreams and vintage trailers with numerous photographs and ideas.
The Vintage Trailer Academy– Information about a yearly event held in Albuquerque, New Mexico with seminars and comprehensive training on Airstream Restoration. I would love to attend one day. You can take your trailer or if it isn’t road-worthy yet they have hotel accommodations too. Wish list item!
Vintage Trailer Crazy – Sellers of restored vintage trailers. A fun site to visit for ideas, inspiration, or if you are looking for a vintage trailer that has the work already done.
Vintage Trailer Supply – As the name suggests- an excellent source for parts and supplies for vintage trailers and campers. Many of the items they carry are exclusively found on their site. I have ordered from them on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed with my purchase.
A Small Life – Another blogger who lives full-time in an Airstream with her husband. In her words they chosen to live small so they can live the life of their dreams. This one is on both of my lists, Airstream and living small, since she writes about both.
Livin’ Lightly- A family of three who downsized and live full-time in an Airstream Land Yacht. The site has some great information on off-grid capability upgrades and some honest insight on how to budget and make a simple, intentional life a reality.
Hofmann Architecture – One of the best sites for drooling over custom airstream renovations. The site is also a wealth of information for do-it-yourself projects-complete with how-to videos. There is a nice page of things to think about when buying an Airstream, and a listing of the ones available for purchase on their lot-renovated or AS-IS. These guys are great! I sure hope to tour their lot someday.
Garinns on the Go– This site has a great list of Airstream related blogs and sites as well as a number of nice photo galleries of their airstream and the places they have traveled.
I realize that I have been writing this blog for a while now, and it dawned on me that it may difficult for newcomers here to find some of my older posts. Hopefully, the list below will help.
LINKS TO HELPFUL PAGES FROM THE ARCHIVES OF THIS SITE:
- So you want to buy an Airstream?
- So you want to live in an Airstream?
- Fantastic Fan installed…one down, one to go!
- Insulating the pantry…
- Spring is here and time for the TinCan to get her bath on!
- An Ikea sofa hack for the TinCan! Finally!
- Composting Toilet Installed…
- POR 15 and a new gasket…
- Oh the Humidity! Enter a NewAir AD-250 25 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- Slunky hose supports and X-chock wheel lock stabilizers…
- Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure…
- Want to join a club?..own an Airstream (or any RV for that matter)
- Quick faucet fix tip…tip for finding correct faucet replacement parts
- A cat in a tin can…a small space litter box solution.
- Airstream Shower Wall…
- A little aluminum test polish…with some Mother’s Aluminum Polish
- Leaky Sinky…leak repair with plumbers putty and polyurethane tape
- Heated water hose for the tin can…using heat tape to make your own insulated water hose
- Window Seals-Done & Done!
- Stripped (well…all but the roof) & weatherstripping repair started!…replacing the weatherstripping on windows
- Painting phase almost complete!!!
- Paint progress & rust attack!…Krud Kutter on window latches
- A little shine on the big tin can…with a little Mothers and a terry cloth towel…
- Toiletries anyone? No…not talking about toothpaste and hairbrushes…info on septic systems and composting toilets
- Wall stripping and painting progress…
- Better than the progress on Sunday…more thoughts on stripping interior vinyl
- What was I thinking…first thoughts on stripping interior vinyl
- Frequently Asked Questions