- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (Trader Joe’s low-sodium is my favorite)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large wok or non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook very briefly, around 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and water. Stir-fry until the veggies start to brown and reach the desired tenderness.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and cashews, and cook for another minute. (I prefer to pre-mix the soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl for simpler addition at this step)
Serve over rice as desired. I personally choose a brown jasmine or basmati rice.